Carol Ann Gonzales is an unsung hero in the movement by survivors to end conversion therapy.
We remember Yuki Vivienne Choe, a conversion therapy survivor and lesbian trans woman who took time to write for Ex-Gay Watch 12 years ago while advocating for LGBTQ rights in her home country of Malaysia.
We remember Timothy Kincaid, a longtime writer for blogs that intelligently reported and critically analyzed the conversion therapy movement and religious right. Timothy died suddenly in September 2020.
Whereas thousands of people are born every year with the genes or organs of both sexes, Southern Baptists declare that all Christians should lie and claim these people don’t exist — and then deny them their human and constitutional rights — because butchered Bible verses told them so.
A Christian Right site maintains “reason and civility” in marriage “discussion” by disallowing and mischaracterizing all views except its own.
“Ex-gay” Dennis Jernigan again joins antigay activists who seek to imprison LGBT Americans.
Restored Hope Network exploits violence against women to steer women back into the closet.
A Southern Baptist Convention resolution misdefines “transgender,” prays for increased discrimination, misquotes the Bible, and opposes religious liberty except for Southern Baptists.
John Paulk: “I felt like a liar and a hypocrite. Having to go out and give hope to these people. I was in despair knowing that what I was telling them was not entirely honest. I couldn’t do it anymore.”
Restored Hope Network, which advocates costly gay-conversion therapies and ineffective pray-away-the-gay counseling, is taking its message that gay people are broken and damned to 20 cities in the first half of 2014.
- The Fighting Words of Michael Brown January 24, 2008
- Psychiatrists Warn Church of England to Reject Reparative Therapy November 22, 2007
- Wendy Gritter of Exodus Member Ministry New Direction February 25, 2008
- Ex-Gay Therapist James Phelan Removed From Exodus Referral List November 13, 2007
- Exodus International Lays off Staff, Cuts Benefits August 23, 2010
About XGW AFA Alan Chambers Antisex Laws Books Change Christian Nationalists Critics Digest Discrimination Education and Youth Exgay Activists Exgay Ads Exodus Exodus International Family Values Focus on the Family - FRC Former Exgays gay cure Gender Roles Hate Crimes - Free Speech Health homophobia Humor Live-In Programs Media Morality Movies NARTH Parenting Partnerships Peter LaBarbera PFOX Reform Religion reparative therapy Scandals Science Semantics Stephen Bennett Television Therapy Tolerance Uncategorized Warren Throckmorton
- Regan Talley DuCasse says: NO!!! NO NO NO NO!!!! Oh no....
- Paul Douglas says: Yep. All they need is one book, hodge-podge/ mish-mash of nonsense...
- William Cohen says: Religious academics apparently cite one version of the Bible as if...
- Mike Airhart says: In my opinion: To claim to know God's will, and to...
- Brian says: As to the "Transgender people are rejecting God’s will" point. How...