Exodus has launched Groundswell 2005, a campaign that declares:
Homosexual activists are using the public schools to promote dangerous life policies.
How will you respond?
- confront gay activism and promote good school policies
- reach all students with truth and compassion
- answer theological and social questions while ministering in love
- share your powerful story in public arenas
- ignore it and hope it goes away??
The campaign is a series of one-day antigay conferences planned, starting in May, for Boston, Louisville, Orlando, and Seattle.
The campaign web site neglects to disclose Exodus policies:
- supporting antigay discrimination
- supporting the restoration of antisex laws that single out gay people
- opposing antiharassment, antiviolence, and tolerance initiatives in the schools
While Exodus arouses public opposition to gay youth, the pro-tolerance parental-support group PFLAG is expanding its own outreach to gay youth and to faith-based groups, according to The Washington Blade (Mar. 25).