- Peter Lane, director of Exodus Asia-Pacific, states that criticism from former ex-gays “has hurt his organization,” but declares that it “doesn’t minimize the message” of Exodus.
- PFOX claims attacks against ex-gays are “rising,” even though most of the events they cite are old news, and some of those claims have since been disputed.
- On June 1st, Israel’s city of Tel Aviv opened the first LGBT center in the world to be financed and run by local government. There is a special focus on youth, says the Tel Aviv Mayor’s advisor Itai Pinkas, because of the high suicide rate of gay teens.
- Despite the host’s persistent inquiry on the topic, O’Reilly Factor guest Don Schweitzer can’t come up with a sound reason to oppose same-sex marriage. Bill O’Reilly doesn’t offer any, either.
- The American Family Association has adopted an interesting tactic to keep watchdog organization Right Wing Watch from reporting on them. But RWW is wilier than the AFA thinks.
- Peter Labarbera once again attends International Mr. Leather to document “homosexual perversion.” He then attempts to blame the gay community at large for acts committed by heterosexuals. (hat tip BTB)
- BTB reports that UCLA will study mixed-orientation identical twins (where one twin is gay and the other is straight) in order to learn more about how genes control sexual orientation. Anti-gay activists often stress the lacking of evidence of a single “gay gene,” using past identical twin studies to bolster their argument. the researchers participating in this coming study aim to learn more about how DNA causes the same genes to act in different ways, rather than trying to find what genes control which attributes – which may explain why identical twins can end up being different orientations.
— Emily K
PFOX Right to Privacy?
Alan Chambers to Willow Creek: Deny Us, You Deny the Truth
Exodus Makes Official Statement Concerning Ugandan Anti-Homosexuality Bill
XGW Digest: February 25, 2012
- The Fighting Words of Michael Brown January 24, 2008
- Psychiatrists Warn Church of England to Reject Reparative Therapy November 22, 2007
- Wendy Gritter of Exodus Member Ministry New Direction February 25, 2008
- Ex-Gay Therapist James Phelan Removed From Exodus Referral List November 13, 2007
- Exodus International Lays off Staff, Cuts Benefits August 23, 2010
About XGW AFA Alan Chambers Antisex Laws Books Change Christian Nationalists Critics Digest Discrimination Education and Youth Exgay Activists Exgay Ads Exodus Exodus International Family Values Focus on the Family - FRC Former Exgays gay cure Gender Roles Hate Crimes - Free Speech Health homophobia Humor Live-In Programs Media Morality Movies NARTH Parenting Partnerships Peter LaBarbera PFOX Reform Religion reparative therapy Scandals Science Semantics Stephen Bennett Television Therapy Tolerance Uncategorized Warren Throckmorton
- Paul Douglas says: Yep. All they need is one book, hodge-podge/ mish-mash of...
- William Cohen says: Religious academics apparently cite one version of the Bible as if...
- Mike Airhart says: In my opinion: To claim to know...
- Brian says: As to the "Transgender people are rejecting God’s will" point. How...
- Janet says: I think that it's an amazing idea. If this is adopted,...