“For over three decades the consensus of the mental health community has been that homosexuality is not an illness and therefore not in need of a cure. The APA’s concern about the positions espoused by NARTH and so-called conversation therapy is that they are not supported by the science. There is simply no sufficiently scientifically sound evidence that sexual orientation can be changed. Our further concern is that the positions espoused by NARTH and Focus on the Family create an environment in which prejudice and discrimination can flourish.”
— Daniel Gonzales
New Exodus Youth “Outreach Guide”
NARTH’s Rosik On Trans-Affirmative Public Policies
Which Side Can’t Think Or Listen?
- The Fighting Words of Michael Brown January 24, 2008
- Psychiatrists Warn Church of England to Reject Reparative Therapy November 22, 2007
- Wendy Gritter of Exodus Member Ministry New Direction February 25, 2008
- Ex-Gay Therapist James Phelan Removed From Exodus Referral List November 13, 2007
- Exodus International Lays off Staff, Cuts Benefits August 23, 2010
About XGW AFA Alan Chambers Antisex Laws Books Change Christian Nationalists Critics Digest Discrimination Education and Youth Exgay Activists Exgay Ads Exodus Exodus International Family Values Focus on the Family - FRC Former Exgays gay cure Gender Roles Hate Crimes - Free Speech Health homophobia Humor Live-In Programs Media Morality Movies NARTH Parenting Partnerships Peter LaBarbera PFOX Reform Religion reparative therapy Scandals Science Semantics Stephen Bennett Television Therapy Tolerance Uncategorized Warren Throckmorton
- Paul Douglas says: Yep. All they need is one book, hodge-podge/ mish-mash of...
- William Cohen says: Religious academics apparently cite one version of the Bible as if...
- Mike Airhart says: In my opinion: To claim to know...
- Brian says: As to the "Transgender people are rejecting God’s will" point. How...
- Janet says: I think that it's an amazing idea. If this is adopted,...