How do you define “exgay”?
More to the point, what characteristics describe ALL exgays?
Multiple answers are permitted.
Definition: An exgay is someone who:
(pick one or more of the following)
- Supports legislation to reduce or withhold legal rights and privileges from gays
- Supports discrimination by businesses in hiring and customer service
- Supports discrimination against same-sex-attracted persons by public agencies
- Subscribes to a conservative Christian ideology
- Supports the exclusion of same-sex-attracted persons from the media
- Supports the exclusion of same-sex-attracted persons from childcare and teaching professions
- Supports the removal of adoptive or biological children from their gay parents
- Opposes most sexual activity
- Is ashamed to be same-gender-attracted
- Is ashamed to engage in same-gender genital activity
- Lives a double life/Is “closeted”
- Adopts the “exgay” or “former homosexual” identity or label. Persons who do not adopt the identity or label are not exgay.
Next question: Having defined “exgay,” now indicate which of the above choices describe someone who is antigay. Must someone be antigay in order to be exgay?