It’s been a long time coming, but finally, almost eighteen months after the rebranding of Exodus International began, President Alan Chambers has acknowledged the harm he and his organization have done. When I heard he would be appearing on Lisa Ling’s Our America on the Oprah network, I steeled myself for more hazy, defensive posturing that failed […]
Tagged: orientation change
It’s little wonder that with so few facts on their side, anti-gay activists are forced to make earth-shattering headlines out of unremarkable material. So it is that WorldNetDaily excitedly reveals that a gay activist has, supposedly, challenged pro-gay arguments: But now the homosexual activists have had a wrench thrown in their argument, with the admission […]
Exodus president Alan Chambers returned to the Oprah Winfrey Network’s Our America this week, a year after he first spoke to host Lisa Ling on the show. By all accounts, the episode contained little new, simply re-screening most of the 2011 broadcast alongside new interview footage of Chambers. Nor did most of the new footage say […]
A doctrinal statement released by the new Restored Hope Network last week seemed to downplay potential differences between it and Exodus International, particularly on the reparative therapy controversy. But a new statement by Andy Comiskey sets the new ex-gay organization at odds with Exodus. In a letter to supporters of his Desert Stream Ministries, Comiskey […]
The Restored Hope Network released its official doctrinal statement Tuesday. The first tenet of belief is a fairly direct response to Exodus International’s recent claims that being gay does not exclude a person from heaven: 1. Sexual purity is a life-and-death matter. Sexual holiness for Christians matters to such an extent that a sexually immoral life […]
Little information has yet been made public about Restored Hope Network, the new ex-gay organization that seems designed as an alternative to Exodus International. We do know that its founders include two of Exodus’s most outspoken critics, Robert Gagnon and Andy Comiskey, who have recently taken Exodus President Alan Chambers to task for both his […]
- The Fighting Words of Michael Brown January 24, 2008
- Psychiatrists Warn Church of England to Reject Reparative Therapy November 22, 2007
- Wendy Gritter of Exodus Member Ministry New Direction February 25, 2008
- Ex-Gay Therapist James Phelan Removed From Exodus Referral List November 13, 2007
- Exodus International Lays off Staff, Cuts Benefits August 23, 2010
About XGW AFA Alan Chambers Antisex Laws Books Change Christian Nationalists Critics Digest Discrimination Education and Youth Exgay Activists Exgay Ads Exodus Exodus International Family Values Focus on the Family - FRC Former Exgays gay cure Gender Roles Hate Crimes - Free Speech Health homophobia Humor Live-In Programs Media Morality Movies NARTH Parenting Partnerships Peter LaBarbera PFOX Reform Religion reparative therapy Scandals Science Semantics Stephen Bennett Television Therapy Tolerance Uncategorized Warren Throckmorton
- Regan Talley DuCasse says: NO!!! NO NO NO NO!!!! Oh no....
- Paul Douglas says: Yep. All they need is one book, hodge-podge/ mish-mash of nonsense...
- William Cohen says: Religious academics apparently cite one version of the Bible as if...
- Mike Airhart says: In my opinion: To claim to know God's will, and to...
- Brian says: As to the "Transgender people are rejecting God’s will" point. How...