- LGBT activists working with Soulforce open a dialogue with Bishop Harry Jackson of Hope Christian Church in Maryland.
- Timothy Kincaid continues to methodically and intelligently disassemble “pro-gay marriage defender” David Benkof, who despite claiming to have ties to the gay press, has been dropped by the last gay publication to feature him. Kincaid also picks apart Benkof’s latest article, which attempts to prove that monogamy is not a gay family value. In the mean time, Benkof finds an ally in being cited on Peter LaBarbera’s website.
- Jason Kuznicki ponders the ramifications that a cure for homosexuality would present.
- The Orange County Register endorses marriage equality.
- Truth Wins Out will join the Coalition for Equality in Asheville, North Carolina to counter an Exodus conference to be held there July 15-20. A schedule of events can be seen here.
- According to RWW, Janet Folger is set on becoming a martyr. Convinced that Colorado’s anti-discrimination Bill (SB 200) – which prevents discrimination against LGBTQ persons in public accommodations – will make it illegal to distribute her anti-gay book “The Criminalization of Christianity,” she intends to fly out to Denver to “break the law.” She then poses the possibility that she will be writing her next column “from a jail cell.”
- Disgraced former pastor Ted Haggard returns to Colorado Springs.
- Peter LaBarbera is very concerned about a Congressional hearing concerning Transgender discrimination in the workplace, because he says it will force businesses to advocate “gender confusion.” But for LaBarbera, this cloud has a silver lining: “when most people see ‘big bulky men in dresses’ they immediately ‘recoil.’”
— Emily K
Do Liberty University and the American Association of Christian Counselors Endorse Richard Cohen?
Freedom of Association
Heads Up – Alan Chambers on CNN Tonight Talking About Haggard
Aversion Therapy Survivor Reports on Love Won Out in Vancouver
- The Fighting Words of Michael Brown January 24, 2008
- Psychiatrists Warn Church of England to Reject Reparative Therapy November 22, 2007
- Wendy Gritter of Exodus Member Ministry New Direction February 25, 2008
- Ex-Gay Therapist James Phelan Removed From Exodus Referral List November 13, 2007
- Exodus International Lays off Staff, Cuts Benefits August 23, 2010
About XGW AFA Alan Chambers Antisex Laws Books Change Christian Nationalists Critics Digest Discrimination Education and Youth Exgay Activists Exgay Ads Exodus Exodus International Family Values Focus on the Family - FRC Former Exgays gay cure Gender Roles Hate Crimes - Free Speech Health homophobia Humor Live-In Programs Media Morality Movies NARTH Parenting Partnerships Peter LaBarbera PFOX Reform Religion reparative therapy Scandals Science Semantics Stephen Bennett Television Therapy Tolerance Uncategorized Warren Throckmorton
- Paul Douglas says: Yep. All they need is one book, hodge-podge/ mish-mash of...
- William Cohen says: Religious academics apparently cite one version of the Bible as if...
- Mike Airhart says: In my opinion: To claim to know...
- Brian says: As to the "Transgender people are rejecting God’s will" point. How...
- Janet says: I think that it's an amazing idea. If this is adopted,...