I’ve recently subscribed to Duncan Bouwer’s ExGayTalk podcast. Duncan is an ex-gay, music teacher, father and husband in Johannesburg, South Africa. His most recent podcast titled “Yes I am in Denial” is of particular merit. He has a sense of humor that really shines, nor does he make outrageous claims like “complete change is completely possible.” Rather he admits to a continuing struggle and approaches his change from a biblical instead of pseudo-psychological perspective. Duncan notes his humor may raise the ire of ex-ex-gay folk like me. If all exgays had a sense of humor like Duncan my job would be much more enjoyable. His podcasts are filled with personal experience and simply quoted scripture. Even though many of us disagree with him, Duncan is pleasant, straightforward and honest; overall a refreshing change from the bombastic rhetoric I’m used to dealing with.
— Daniel Gonzales
- The Fighting Words of Michael Brown January 24, 2008
- Psychiatrists Warn Church of England to Reject Reparative Therapy November 22, 2007
- Wendy Gritter of Exodus Member Ministry New Direction February 25, 2008
- Ex-Gay Therapist James Phelan Removed From Exodus Referral List November 13, 2007
- Exodus International Lays off Staff, Cuts Benefits August 23, 2010
About XGW AFA Alan Chambers Antisex Laws Books Change Christian Nationalists Critics Digest Discrimination Education and Youth Exgay Activists Exgay Ads Exodus Exodus International Family Values Focus on the Family - FRC Former Exgays gay cure Gender Roles Hate Crimes - Free Speech Health homophobia Humor Live-In Programs Media Morality Movies NARTH Parenting Partnerships Peter LaBarbera PFOX Reform Religion reparative therapy Scandals Science Semantics Stephen Bennett Television Therapy Tolerance Uncategorized Warren Throckmorton
- Paul Douglas says: Yep. All they need is one book, hodge-podge/ mish-mash of...
- William Cohen says: Religious academics apparently cite one version of the Bible as if...
- Mike Airhart says: In my opinion: To claim to know...
- Brian says: As to the "Transgender people are rejecting God’s will" point. How...
- Janet says: I think that it's an amazing idea. If this is adopted,...