[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOA9jPpUkxw[/youtube] An original work by Daniel Gonzales while writing for Ex-Gay Watch in 2007, this analysis of the flaws in the Spitzer study is as relevant today as it was then. For while Dr. Spitzer has now formally denounced his own work and apologized to the Gay community for having put such a flawed study […]
Tagged: Robert Spitzer
In 2001, psychiatrist Robert L Spitzer claimed highly motivated gays could successfully change their sexual orientation. In 2003, a peer-reviewed scientific journal published his study — without peer-reviewing it. And in 2012, after over a decade of ex-gay groups such as NARTH, PFOX and Exodus International citing his research to prove their message that “change […]
Dr Robert Spitzer, the researcher behind a flawed 2001 ex-gay study, has added to his recent retraction by apologizing for his claims. The psychiatrist, now 80, already went public with his retraction in an interview with Gabriel Arana of American Prospect magazine. In his 2001 paper to the American Psychiatric Association, published in 2003, Spitzer had interviewed […]
On her MSNBC show last night, Rachel Maddow gave a history of the ex-gay movement in light of psychiatrist Robert Spitzer’s retraction of his 2001 study. Watch the report below: Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy The brief segment provides a fairly good run-down of how groups such as […]
For a decade, ex-gays have relied on the results of a 2001 study to prove their claim that “change is possible.” But if they continue to promote its flawed research, they will do so only in the knowledge that its author, psychiatrist Robert Spitzer, has now publicly disowned it. In an article in the May issue […]
Here’s my latest video. A great deal has been said about the Spitzer Study but much of it is difficult to understand for people unfamiliar with the ex-gay movement. The purpose of this video is to examine the methodological flaws of the Spitzer Study and highlight how the study is being abused and misinterpreted by […]
- The Fighting Words of Michael Brown January 24, 2008
- Psychiatrists Warn Church of England to Reject Reparative Therapy November 22, 2007
- Wendy Gritter of Exodus Member Ministry New Direction February 25, 2008
- Ex-Gay Therapist James Phelan Removed From Exodus Referral List November 13, 2007
- Exodus International Lays off Staff, Cuts Benefits August 23, 2010
About XGW AFA Alan Chambers Antisex Laws Books Change Christian Nationalists Critics Digest Discrimination Education and Youth Exgay Activists Exgay Ads Exodus Exodus International Family Values Focus on the Family - FRC Former Exgays gay cure Gender Roles Hate Crimes - Free Speech Health homophobia Humor Live-In Programs Media Morality Movies NARTH Parenting Partnerships Peter LaBarbera PFOX Reform Religion reparative therapy Scandals Science Semantics Stephen Bennett Television Therapy Tolerance Uncategorized Warren Throckmorton
- Regan Talley DuCasse says: NO!!! NO NO NO NO!!!! Oh no....
- Paul Douglas says: Yep. All they need is one book, hodge-podge/ mish-mash of nonsense...
- William Cohen says: Religious academics apparently cite one version of the Bible as if...
- Mike Airhart says: In my opinion: To claim to know God's will, and to...
- Brian says: As to the "Transgender people are rejecting God’s will" point. How...