Exodus International may be distancing itself from reparative therapy — defined specifically as the gay-to-straight treatment offered by Joseph Nicolosi and NARTH — but it is also at pains to distance itself from another big, bad something: the word GAY. Writing for The Gospel Coalition, Exodus Executive Vice President Jeff Buchanan grasps at straws when […]
Tagged: change is possible
LGBT activist organization Truth Wins Out has launched a lawsuit against PFOX, the anti-gay lobbying group whose president accused TWO’s Wayne Besen of calling for his death. Here’s what Greg Quinlan said on TV last year: [Wayne Besen] asked for people, you know, somebody needs to run Greg over. He needs to be hit with […]
After statements by Exodus President Alan Chambers at the recent GCN conference, some have been persuaded that Exodus may be headed in a more tolerant “congruency” direction. We’ve been around this block more than a few times before and remain skeptical of the sincerity of any such change. Having published information late last year linking […]
World Magazine has awarded Exodus President Alan Chambers their 2011 Daniel Award. With this award, Alan Chambers joins the ranks of Kenneth Star, John Ashcroft, Phillip E. Johnson (“father” of Intelligent design), Peter Akinola (rabidly anti-gay Nigerian priest), and Stephen C. Meyer (Intelligent Design), among other past recipients. In an article which appears in the December […]
- The Fighting Words of Michael Brown January 24, 2008
- Psychiatrists Warn Church of England to Reject Reparative Therapy November 22, 2007
- Wendy Gritter of Exodus Member Ministry New Direction February 25, 2008
- Ex-Gay Therapist James Phelan Removed From Exodus Referral List November 13, 2007
- Exodus International Lays off Staff, Cuts Benefits August 23, 2010
About XGW AFA Alan Chambers Antisex Laws Books Change Christian Nationalists Critics Digest Discrimination Education and Youth Exgay Activists Exgay Ads Exodus Exodus International Family Values Focus on the Family - FRC Former Exgays gay cure Gender Roles Hate Crimes - Free Speech Health homophobia Humor Live-In Programs Media Morality Movies NARTH Parenting Partnerships Peter LaBarbera PFOX Reform Religion reparative therapy Scandals Science Semantics Stephen Bennett Television Therapy Tolerance Uncategorized Warren Throckmorton
- Paul Douglas says: Yep. All they need is one book, hodge-podge/ mish-mash of...
- William Cohen says: Religious academics apparently cite one version of the Bible as if...
- Mike Airhart says: In my opinion: To claim to know...
- Brian says: As to the "Transgender people are rejecting God’s will" point. How...
- Janet says: I think that it's an amazing idea. If this is adopted,...