Although publicity makes no mention of homosexuality, Hillsong is apparently no stranger to ex-gay therapy. A former member recently spoke about her time as part of the church’s Living Waters ex-gay program during the ’80s, while another alleged that late pastor Frank Houston sexually abused him during therapy sessions. Houston, whose son, Brian, is now the church’s Senior Pastor, resigned from ministry in 2000 after confessing to an unrelated case of sexual abuse against a teenage boy. He passed away in 2004.
— Dave Rattigan
British-Canadian freelance writer, editor and creative with an interest in religion, LGBT issues, arts, film and horror. Editor of Prescot Online. Occasional contributor to The Guardian's Comment is free.
Building ‘London Bridges’ with Dr. Michael Brown
Fallen Megachurch Pastor Haggard Starts Home Church
LA Times Picks Up On NARTH’s Berger & Schoenewolf Statements
Open Forum: “Planet Narth” Gives Us a Vocabulary Lesson
- The Fighting Words of Michael Brown January 24, 2008
- Psychiatrists Warn Church of England to Reject Reparative Therapy November 22, 2007
- Wendy Gritter of Exodus Member Ministry New Direction February 25, 2008
- Ex-Gay Therapist James Phelan Removed From Exodus Referral List November 13, 2007
- Exodus International Lays off Staff, Cuts Benefits August 23, 2010
About XGW AFA Alan Chambers Antisex Laws Books Change Christian Nationalists Critics Digest Discrimination Education and Youth Exgay Activists Exgay Ads Exodus Exodus International Family Values Focus on the Family - FRC Former Exgays gay cure Gender Roles Hate Crimes - Free Speech Health homophobia Humor Live-In Programs Media Morality Movies NARTH Parenting Partnerships Peter LaBarbera PFOX Reform Religion reparative therapy Scandals Science Semantics Stephen Bennett Television Therapy Tolerance Uncategorized Warren Throckmorton
- Paul Douglas says: Yep. All they need is one book, hodge-podge/ mish-mash of...
- William Cohen says: Religious academics apparently cite one version of the Bible as if...
- Mike Airhart says: In my opinion: To claim to know...
- Brian says: As to the "Transgender people are rejecting God’s will" point. How...
- Janet says: I think that it's an amazing idea. If this is adopted,...